1. Be authentic and make your posts and blogs real and honest.
2. Be responsive as if any comments are posted, and then make sure to follow them up with clarifications and additional contents if any.
3. Not everything needs to be a marketing message.
4. Be consistent, to build your brand and think carefully about your image.
5. Leverage your human resources. The more participants or real time users you involve, the more engaging and livelier the conversation will be.
6. Use it for Online Reputation Management for removing any negative impression about your company from your prospective customers especially doing businesses like IT business, real estate business, etc.
Don’ts of using Social Media sites for any business purpose:
1. Do not turn the conversation into a one-way broadcast which fails to engage participants in a conversation.
2. Do not translate your view book in to a series of blog posts.
3. Don’t be rude to your audience otherwise they can be easily put off.
4. Stale content is worse than no content at all. Hence, don’t neglect your content.
5. Don’t allow graffiti.
Drawbacks of Social Media Campaigns for businesses:
There are some significant drawbacks while using social media for doing marketing and business, they are as follows:
• It can incredibly be time consuming: A lot of time each day is wasted to participate on social networking sites. To post and comment on other people’s posts can really suck valuable time out of a day.
• It can be slow to generate results: It takes time to build a network online
• It is just another marketing tactic to learn as well as master: This learning takes time, and energy and some money as well and moreover the learning process can be felt overwhelming as well.
• There are so many other options to attract all different kinds of participants.